Currently, member requests are automatically accepted. Please be mindful to request to become a MEMBER. We're seeing an increase in people who are accidentally requesting to become a contributor (staff position only). Thank you.
Currently, submissions for members are on a 1/week basis. Images that are declined still count towards this limit, so please submit only your best work.
Because all photos are reviewed before acceptance, here are some guidelines for what aspects will be looked at - please note that these guidelines are used to distinguish only those images which we feel are of a high quality, as these are the types of images we want to see displayed in our gallery folders:
1) Photography only. No manipulations are accepted, though we do accept minor editing.
2) Photo must contain a pet.
3) Sharpness. No excuse for blurry pictures.
4) Good use of technique.
5) Good amount of facial visibility.
6) Single portraits only. Multiple images in one deviation are not allowed.
7) We will accept close-ups, but not macro shots.
When a photo is rejected, we give a reason for this based on the rules above, UPON REQUEST. Please direct your question in the comment box of your submission, so that we know of which submission you are inquiring.
For a more in-depth discussion of the rules, please check out our "Rules and Guidelines" blog, found here: petportrait.deviantart.com/blo…
|More Journal Entries|